The death of a man at a shopping centre overnight is being treated as an electrocution. Police say it was a workplace death.
The death of a man at a shopping centre overnight is being treated as an electrocution. Police say it was a workplace death.

Worker electrocuted on shopping centre roof

A man was found dead on a southern suburbs shopping centre roof overnight in a suspected electrocution.

The 48-year-old Morphettville man was found unresponsive on the roof of the Aberfoyle Hub Shopping Centre shortly before 10pm.

It is understood the man had been working at the site earlier in the day and the alarm was raised when he did not return home.

Police and ambulance crews attended the shopping centre but the man had died at the scene.

The fatality is being treated as a workplace death.

SafeWork SA officers also visited the scene and are investigating the death.

Police are preparing a report for the coroner.

caleb.bond@news.com.au

Originally published as Worker found dead on shopping centre roof


REVEALED: Qld’s COVID vaccine rollout plan

Premium Content REVEALED: Qld’s COVID vaccine rollout plan

Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young has opened up

60K jobs on line: PM’s harsh warning to Qld tourism

Premium Content 60K jobs on line: PM’s harsh warning to Qld tourism

Modelling predicts 60,000 Qld tourism jobs to go when JobKeeper ends

Teen sentenced for lashing out after wild twerking antics

Premium Content Teen sentenced for lashing out after wild twerking antics

She kicked out at officers and smeared food on the watch house wall