A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.


Revealed: Regions major parties are most under pressure

Premium Content Revealed: Regions major parties are most under pressure

Analysis of the two leaders’ campaigns so far

WARNING: Wild weather heading for Western Downs

Premium Content WARNING: Wild weather heading for Western Downs

THE Western Downs is set to be in the eye of a severe weather system which is...

Truck rollover: Man trapped flown to hospital in serious condition

Premium Content Truck rollover: Man trapped flown to hospital in serious...

PICTURES INSIDE: A driver has been freed from his truck in a serious condition...