A deep fryer fire broke out early Monday morning at the Chinchilla Foodworks.
A deep fryer fire broke out early Monday morning at the Chinchilla Foodworks. Madison Watt

Small blaze temporarily closes Chinchilla Foodworks

A DEEP fryer has been blamed for an early-morning fire at a Chinchilla Foodworks.

Owner Paul Ellem was in the store when the small blaze broke out.

"Not too sure what happened but the fat caught on fire,” he said.

Mr Ellem was evacuated by two fire crews who attended the scene at the corner of Glasson St and Windmill Rd at 5.55am.

Crews used a dry chemical extinguisher and removed the deep fryer from the building to help ventilate the store and left by 6.57am.

There were no reported injuries but the store will be closed today for the clean-up.

Mr Ellem and his wife Jodi were busy cleaning up the store with the help of family and friends.

"We had some good people come past to help,” he said.

"Special thanks to the fireys who got here within 5 minutes.”

The couple left a message for customers on their Facebook page apologising for the sudden closure.


Man fights for life after brutal attack at country pub

Man fights for life after brutal attack at country pub

Man punched in head, repeatedly kicked in violent assault

Pedestrian hit by truck in Yuleba

Pedestrian hit by truck in Yuleba

Woman in her 80s hit by a truck on Warrego Hwy.

Capture the moment in nature

Capture the moment in nature

Unique exhibition comes to town

Local Partners