BUZZED OUT: An elderly woman had a shock when the charger for her phone blew up in the wall socket. Photo Tom Gillespie / The Western Star
BUZZED OUT: An elderly woman had a shock when the charger for her phone blew up in the wall socket. Photo Tom Gillespie / The Western Star Tom Gillespie

Woman shocked after phone charger explodes

AN ELDERLY Roma woman has escaped injury after her phone charger exploded just five seconds after being plugged into the wall.

The woman bought the charger along with her ZTE phone 18 months ago from a local store.

The charger exploded out of the wall just a few seconds after being plugged in, leaving the pins stuck in the socket while the other parts flew across the room.

Her son, who wanted to remain anonymous, said it was a reminder for people to not talk on the phone while they were charging.

The incident comes just two weeks after a NSW woman was killed after her cheap USB charger electrocuted her.

Have you experienced a faulty charger or electrical appliance? If so, email tom.gillespie@westernstarnews.com.


‘Targeted attack’: Shots fired at five homes overnight

Premium Content ‘Targeted attack’: Shots fired at five homes overnight

Police have established crimes scenes at five homes after a series of drive-by...

Dalby car thieves set vehicle on fire after brazen break in

Premium Content Dalby car thieves set vehicle on fire after brazen break in

POLICE are currently reviewing evidence after a vehicle was stolen from a secured...

Western Downs Regional Council to boosts its local buy strategy

Premium Content Western Downs Regional Council to boosts its local buy...

DOING business with council will soon be even easier, with Western Downs Regional...