Firefighters arrived at the resort to find the room filled with smoke.
Firefighters arrived at the resort to find the room filled with smoke. Allan Reinikka ROK220617aFiretra

Toxic smoke bomb explosion forces Qld resort evacuation

A BEACHSIDE resort has been evacuated after a flea bomb exploded in the building, exposing nine people to toxic smoke.

Three Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crews were first called to the Clubb Coolum resort on David Low Way at 10.05pm yesterday, after a smoke alarm went off in the building.

On arrival, they found smoke issuing from the building after a flea bomb discharged.

The area was evacuated but three people in the resort had already been exposed to the toxic smoke, along with six emergency services officers who rushed to help.

Paramedics checked over all nine civilians and officers, but none required transport to hospital.

Police are not investigating the incident.

The Daily has contacted Clubb Coolum for further information, but management said no further information was yet available.


Homosexuality a 'fashion trend', according to Katter

Homosexuality a 'fashion trend', according to Katter

"Tomorrow there'll be another fashion"

Truck 'completely destroyed', exclusion zone in place

Truck 'completely destroyed', exclusion zone in place

Multiple emergency services crews are on scene

Boil water alert issued for Surat

Boil water alert issued for Surat

Surat residents have been advised to boil their tap water.