THERE have been reports of a vehicle driving recklessly in a school zone on Eimeo Rd earlier this afternoon.
Police were alerted to a driver reportedly travelling 120kmh in a school zone - three times the 40kmh limit.
In Mackay, 40kmh school zones are in place from 8-9am and 2.30-3.30pm on weekdays.
A Queensland Police spokesman said after following up on the reports from the public, the vehicle could not be found.
If caught, the driver of the car would have been fined $1137, lost eight demerit points and had their licence suspended for six months.
Current penalties for speeding
- Less than 13kmh over the speed limit: $162 + 1 demerit point.
- At least 13kmh but not more than 20kmh over the speed limit: $243 + 3 demerit points.
- More than 20kmh but not more than 30kmh over the speed limit: $406 + 4 demerit points.
- More than 30kmh but not more than 40kmh over the speed limit: $568 + 6 demerit points.
- More than 40kmh over the speed limit: $1,137 + 8 demerit points and 6 month suspension.
Did you witness this vehicle travelling this speed on Eimeo Rd? Contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 if you have a description of the vehicle or number plate.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.