Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."


Leading Chinchilla organisations shine light on men’s health

Premium Content Leading Chinchilla organisations shine light on men’s health

DURING a day of camaraderie and support, the CCCI and Origin brought the Chinchilla...

AMAZING DEAL: Read it all for $3 a week for first 12 weeks

Premium Content AMAZING DEAL: Read it all for $3 a week for first 12 weeks

You get access to local and regional news and the Courier Mail

Chinchilla organisation hopes to change course for at-risk teens

Premium Content Chinchilla organisation hopes to change course for at-risk...

THE Chinchilla organisation is hoping to help tackle the rampant youth crime...