AUSTRALIAN cricket coach Darren Lehmann believes the players' pay dispute with Cricket Australia won't lead to a boycott of the Ashes.
CA and the Australian Cricketers' Association are locked in a tense deadlock over a new pay deal.
The players want to keep the current revenue-sharing pay arrangement while CA wants a new model.
Lehmann, a former president of the players' association, said the animosity would be a distraction at next month's ICC Champions Trophy in England and Wales, but it would not develop into a players' strike for the Ashes.
"No, I wouldn't think so,” Lehmann said on Thursday about vice-captain David Warner's comments about a strike.
"And I'd hope not as a fan. I'm sure that won't happen.”
Lehmann said he would address the matter when the squad for the Champions Trophy get together.
"It is going to be a bit of a distraction, there's no doubt about that,” he said.
"Just getting together and working it out is the way to go.
"There's no panic; it's just about the two parties getting together.”
Lehmann refused to give his view on the revenue-sharing arrangement.
He said he had been in constant contact with skipper Steve Smith, who will be one of the last players to join the Champions Trophy squad after he guided Rising Pune Supergiant to the Indian Premier League final on Monday (AEST).
"We've spoken quite a lot, on many issues at the moment,” Lehmann said.
"He's really looking forward to getting the lads back together.”
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.