THE family of John Johnson - the man seriously injured when the loader he was driving down the Warrego Hwy tipped over and pinned him on Monday - said they had been "completely overwhelmed" and "totally blown away" by the messages of love and support they have received since the accident.
At the time of going to print, Mr Johnson was in surgery in the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane and due to the severity of his injuries is likely to be in an induced coma in the intensive care unit for the next few days, Mr Johnson's wife Karen said.
That Mr Johnson is alive at all is nothing short of a miracle.
He had been driving the loader down the highway when the front bucket came unhitched, digging into the ground and tipping the loader on its side.
One of the first members of the public who stopped at the accident had a jack, which was capable of lifting the loader off Mr Johnson.
Then an ambulance from Miles happened to be travelling along the Warrego Hwy and came across the accident minutes after it occurred.
"There have been so many miraculous things," Mrs Johnson said.
"In real terms, he shouldn't be with us, but he is.
"As Christians, we have a faith and it's only that God wants him still here that he's here."
The volume of calls and messages coming through to Mrs Johnson's phone has been such that she hasn't been able to reply to all of them.
But she wanted to give a "huge thank you" to the whole community.
She also made special mention of the emergency services who rushed to her husband's aid.
"The words of support that have come through have left us totally gobsmacked," she said.
"It's terrible to say, but when tragedy strikes, you realise how much the community values you."
Mr Johnson was airlifted to Toowoomba on Monday, before being taken to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane.
He has a long road to recovery ahead of him.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.