Firies rushed to report of a fire at Allen Langer's Caloundra restaurant.
Firies rushed to report of a fire at Allen Langer's Caloundra restaurant. Facebook Alfie's Mooo Char & Bar

Fire emergency hits Alfie Langer's restaurant

EMERGENCY crews have rushed to the Caloundra restaurant of State of Origin great Alfie Langer amidst reports of a fire.

Emergency serices received a report about 4.15pm of a possible fire at 100 Bulcock St, Caloundra.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman advised the incident was taken places at "Alfie's restaurant", which is at the Breakfree Resort in Caloundra.

State of Origin and rugby league great Allen Langer started a restaurant in the heart of Caloundra with his wife, Janine, in 2001.

Today it is called Alfie's Mooo Char and Bar.

An employee at Breakfree told the Daily the "board walk building has been evacuated".

But the firies spokeswoman said the cause of the smoke was coming from Alfie's restaurant.

"There is no actual fire," the spokeswoman said.

"A cook top was left on."

The Daily contacted Langer for comment, but he couldn't be reached as he could be holed up in State of Origin camp ahead of tomorrow night's massive game against New South Wales.

An employee at the restaurant said the incident was quickly resolved.

"It's all sorted, the restaurant is back open," she said.

"The whole building was evacuated, but everybody has been allowed back in.

"It must have been a Blues supporter for sure."


Landholders to discuss CSG rights

Landholders to discuss CSG rights

Meeting will be held at the Dalby Leagues Club in Monday

Sacked officer who caused fatal crash loses job appeal

Sacked officer who caused fatal crash loses job appeal

A sacked officer has lost an appeal after causing fatal crash.

Man airlifted after struck in head by metal at workplace

Man airlifted after struck in head by metal at workplace

The rescue service airlifted the man from the property this morning

Local Partners