Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


Teen allegedly busted double the limit after pub sesh

Premium Content Teen allegedly busted double the limit after pub sesh

Dalby police allege the teenager blew more than double the limit after being...

42,500 building licences ‘ripped up within weeks’

Premium Content 42,500 building licences ‘ripped up within weeks’

A warning has been issued to tens of thousands of builders

‘Was my job worth being killed for?’ How Premier nearly quit

Premium Content ‘Was my job worth being killed for?’ How Premier nearly quit

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has revealed the heavy personal toll