EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 


New-look Kmart stores revealed

New-look Kmart stores revealed

Kmart introduces new ‘K Hub’ stores to replace Target outlets

PREMIER: Second wave would cost state $4B

Premium Content PREMIER: Second wave would cost state $4B

Qld coronavirus: Annastacia Palaszczuk to provide COVID-19 update