‘Check yours’: QLD mum finds needle in Kmart baby toy

A CAIRNS mum was horrified when she discovered a pram toy bought for her baby was hiding a dangerous secret that could have caused serious injury to her child.

The woman bought an Anko brand toy pram hanger from Kmart and noticed there was a sharp needle embedded within a cloth bird (inset).

"Found this needle in toy pram hanger," she posted on social media.

"Bub was playing with it and I felt something hard in the bird.

A Cairns woman took to Facebook after reportedly finding a sewing needle embedded in a pram toy she bought at Kmart. Picture: Facebook
A Cairns woman took to Facebook after reportedly finding a sewing needle embedded in a pram toy she bought at Kmart. Picture: Facebook


"Thought I hadn't cut the plastic off properly so I gave it a little wiggle around and poked out this needle.

"Looks like a manufacturer's error with the machine as the needle is broken at the top, but just wanted to put a post up in case.

"Please, please check yours if you've got one."

A Cairns woman took to Facebook after reportedly finding a sewing needle embedded in a pram toy she bought at Kmart. PICTURE: FACEBOOK
A Cairns woman took to Facebook after reportedly finding a sewing needle embedded in a pram toy she bought at Kmart. PICTURE: FACEBOOK

The woman had emailed Kmart and was awaiting a response.

The Cairns Post has also contacted Kmart for comment.

Originally published as 'Check yours': Cairns mum finds needle in Kmart baby toy


Weapons, blood, brutality: Details emerge of Tara brawl

Premium Content Weapons, blood, brutality: Details emerge of Tara brawl

UPDATE: Weapons, blood, ambulances – Police are continuing their investigation into...

Meet the team delivering Western Downs news to you

Meet the team delivering Western Downs news to you

Meet your journalist living and working here in the incredible Western Downs...

GALLERY: The flood that shaped Charleville and our spirit

Premium Content GALLERY: The flood that shaped Charleville and our spirit

BIG READ: A look back on the 1990 flood disaster that left Charleville in muddy...