Terms and Conditions
Chinchilla News & Toowoomba Chronicle Holiday Giveaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents who reside in the Chinchilla News and Toowoomba Chronicle distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over (18+) to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Chinchilla Newspapers Pty Ltd, 12 Mayne Street, Chinchilla Qld 4413 ABN 35 010 727 983.
- Contestants purchase a Chinchilla News or Toowoomba Chronicle newspaper at the prevailing market value from Chinchilla Casket & News between Thursday September 1, 2016 and September 30, 2016 and receive an entry form to enter the competition.
- Completed entry forms are to be placed in the Entry Box provided at Chinchilla Casket & News.
- Entry Forms must be originals.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, there is only one prize to be won.
- One (1) contestant will be chosen via a random draw from all valid entries. The winner will receive:
One (1) Prize Voucher of a holiday to Kingfisher Bay for two (2) people. The holiday includes:
- Resort Hotel Room
- Return passenger ferry transfers for two people;
- The winner will be provided with a Prize Voucher to use to book the holiday.
- The winner must collect their prize voucher from Chinchilla News by 5:00pm Friday October 7, 2016, or the prize will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (see clause
- Food, beverages and incidental costs will be at the expense of the prize-winner.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to book their holiday.
- Bookings may be subject to availability.
- The holiday cannot be used during Australian School holiday periods, Australian public holidays or long weekends.
- Expiry date of the Prize voucher is December 31, 2016.
- The winner should refer to Kingfisher Bay Resort for full Terms and Conditions of stay.
- The total maximum value of the prize pool for this competition is $639.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash, sold or auctioned.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
16. The competition commences on Thursday September 1, 2016 and 5:00pm Friday September 30, 2016 (promotion period). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
17. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
a) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition.
b) Employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses as far as they are directly associated with this competition including Foundation Sponsors and their families and Supporting Sponsors and their families.
c) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
d) Any contestant found to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
18. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
19. The prize winner will be selected by random draw at the Chinchilla News office, 12 Mayne Street, Chinchilla Qld at 10:00am on Tuesday October 4, 2016.
20. The winner will be contacted by telephone and the prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification.
21. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The winner’s details will be published in the Chinchilla News and The Chronicle on Thursday October 6, 2016.
23. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness.
24. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
25. Any winner must provide Government issued photo identification to confirm the Contestant’s (or parent/legal guardian) identity and residence.
26. Any winner must provide Government issued photo identification to confirm the Contestant’s (or parent/legal guardian) identity and residence.
27. Any winner must complete and sign a Competition Release form to confirm collection of their prize.
28. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
29. If the prize remains uncollected, the prize will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw at The Chinchilla News, 12 Mayne Street, at 10:00am Monday October 10, 2016. Redraw winner will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods and/or services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
33. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
34. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
36. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.