EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
DARLING DOWNS SOUTH WEST REGION - CHINCHILLA STATE HIGH SCHOOL
AGRICULTURAL ASSISTANT (OO2) – TEMPORARY 38 HRS/WEEK
Chinchilla State High School is seeking expressions of interest for the positon of Agricultural Assistant – Temporary. The position is for 38 hours per week. The position is for the period 23 March 2020 for a period of 12 months, with a possibility of extension.
The Agricultural Assistant will
• Contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the school by providing a high level of agricultural systems support to the nominated school staff.
• Ensure that the agricultural field study sites, animals, crops, machinery and equipment used by the school are maintained in a functional, secure and safe manner.
• Contribute to the preparation of school field projects, exhibits and agricultural demonstrations as part of the general school activities.
Applicant will be required to possess or obtain
• Working With Children Check (Blue Card) as part of the employment screening process. Confirmation of employment is conditional upon the preferred applicant being issued with a Blue Card
• A criminal history check will be initiated on the successful applicant, unless the applicant has had a check completed within 2 years of date of application.
• You may be required to complete a period of probation in accordance with the Public Service Act 2008
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to provide a Resume/Curriculum Vitae and a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role in relation to the criteria below
1. Supports strategic direction
Ability to work with limited supervision, participate in discussions, and refer problems to supervisor.
2. Achieves results
See tasks through to completion with ability to use and maintain portable hand tools, agricultural equipment and materials, and manage the care of farm animals, crops and any other agricultural activity.
3. Supports productive working relationships
Operate as an effective team member, displaying awareness of safe and healthy work practices, especially in situations where students are present.
4. Displays personal drive and integrity
Ensure goals are achieved through the application of Workplace Health and Safety standards, especially in the use, application and storage of petrol, LP gas, insecticides, herbicides, fertilisers and chemicals.
Please provide information and contact details for 2 referees.
Applications are to be submitted to Chinchilla State High School, by emailing email@example.com. Applications should be emailed by midday Tuesday 21 April, 2020