TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Chinchilla News – Photo of the Week Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents who reside within the Chinchilla News distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Chinchilla Newspapers Pty Ltd, 12 Mayne Street, Chinchilla Qld 4413, ABN 35 010 727 983.
- To enter, contestants must submit a photo of the week in line with the week’s theme as chosen by the Chinchilla News Editor. The theme each week will be advertised in the Chinchilla News and on Facebook on Thursday September 1, 2016 and each Thursday for 12 weeks with the last theme advertised Thursday November 17, 2016.
Contestants should submit their photos at the following points of entry:
- Chinchilla News Facebook page.
- Email matthew.newton@chinchilla news.com.au.
- Deliver photos with name, address and telephone number attached to the Chinchilla News office, 12 Mayne Street, Chinchilla Qld 4413.
- Photos must be contestant’s own work.
- Contestants should submit photos in jpeg format for over the counter entries or email.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (Clause 20).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, any contestant can only win one (1) prize each week.
- Weekly entries will not carry over to another week. Contestants must submit a new photo at the start of each week to be eligible.
- Entry is free, however, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery, email or posting on Facebook.
- There will be one (1) winner chosen each week for 12 weeks from the entries submitted for that week. The weekly winner will receive:
- One (1) $80.00 Voucher for two (2) people for either the Club Hotel or Commercial Hotel restaurants, Chinchilla.
- The voucher must be redeemed on a meal in the restaurant. The voucher cannot be used to purchase drinks only.
- The voucher cannot be used for Bottle Shop purchases.
- The voucher must be used by the expiry date on the voucher. Any subsequent amount remaining on the voucher upon expiry cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. No further vouchers will be issued for any outstanding balance.
- Winner should refer to the Club or Commercial Hotels, Chinchilla for full terms and conditions.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $960.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on September 1, 2016 and closes at 4:00pm Monday November 21, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The weekly winning photo will be selected by the Editor of the Chinchilla News based on criteria including creativity, composition, the use of light, overall appeal and relevance to the weekly theme.
- Judging will take place at the Chinchilla News office, 12 Mayne Street, Chinchilla Qld 4413 each Monday at 5:00pm commencing Monday September 5, 2016, with judging concluding 5:00pm Monday November 21, 2016.
- Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification and winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’s details will be published in the Chinchilla News each Thursday commencing September 8, 2016 with the last winner published on Thursday November 24, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the Chinchilla News office, 12 Mayne Street, Chinchilla and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity, age and residency.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days from the initial draw. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days notification will be entered into a redraw at the Chinchilla News office, as per these terms and conditions.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
34. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
35. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
36. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf.
37. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
38. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
40. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
42. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.